Please follow these steps to upload the Hex File onto the micro:bit:
- Open Workbench and click on the ‘PROGRAMMING’ tab in the top right corner.
- Click ‘+ Add Device’ and scroll down to the bottom where you'll find micro:bit.
- In the micro:bit icon on the left, you will see a small gear in the top right corner. Click on the gear and select ‘Download Hex File’. This will download a file to your computer.
- Plug your micro:bit into the computer using a micro USB cable; the micro:bit will show up as a device, much like when you put in a flash drive.
- Drag the Hex file that you downloaded onto the micro:bit just like you would drag a file onto a USB drive.
In the case that the micro:bit does not appear on the computer, try changing the micro USB cable. Some micro USB cables are power only and you will need micro USBs that can carry both power and data.
Click on the link below for more detailed instructions with images: https://edu.workbencheducation.com/cwists/preview/13254x