To set up your micro:bit, follow these steps:
- Open Workbench and click on the ‘PROGRAMMING’ tab in the top right corner.
- Click ‘+ Add Device’ and scroll down to the bottom to find micro:bit.
- In the micro:bit icon on the left, you will see a small gear in the top right corner. Click on the gear and select ‘Download Hex File’. This will download a file to your computer.
- Plug your micro:bit into the computer and the micro:bit will show up as a device, much like when you put in a flash drive. Note: A red ‘X’ will appear on the display.
- Drag the Hex file that you downloaded onto the micro:bit just like you would drag a file onto a USB drive.
- Back in Workbench, click ‘CONNECT’ under the micro:bit in the devices section.
- In the pop-up window, select ‘BBC micro:bit’ and click ‘Pair’. Note: The red ‘X’ will disappear on the display.
Click on the link below for more detailed instructions with images: https://edu.workbencheducation.com/cwists/preview/13254x