The steps to pair your blocks differ slightly between the two coding platforms SAM Space and SAM Blockly. This article will give an overview of how to pair your blocks in each of the two platforms. If you'd rather watch a video tutorial, click here!
To pair/connect a device in SAM Space, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Connect" button in the bottom left corner of the screen. It should look like a plus sign (+) with a dashed circle around it. This will bring up the connecting panel.
- Click the button that says "Pair Device" at the top of the screen. This will bring up the familiar-looking bluetooth menu.
- Make sure your block is turned on, then find and click it in the bluetooth menu. Note: if multiple blocks appear in your menu, look for the block with the strongest bluetooth signal.
- The block you clicked will appear in the connecting panel under "Blocks Near Me" with a colored border around it. Check to make sure your physical block turns the same color as the one on your screen. This is how you can be sure you paired the correct block.
- If your block colors match, you can close the pairing panel and your now-connected block will appear on the toolbar at the bottom of your workspace.
To pair/connect a device in SAM Blockly, follow these steps:
- Click the "Devices" button near the top left of your workspace.
- Click on the block or device you want to pair. It will appear on the left side of your workspace under 'DISCONNECTED DEVICES'. On the block panel, click "CONNECT".
- Turn on or plug in your device. Click on the block or device listed on the bluetooth menu and select 'Pair'.
- Your block will now appear under 'CONNECTED BLOCKS' and is ready to be used!