Here is a step-by-step-guide for enabling Android apps on managed Chromebooks:
Things to look out for:
- Does the device support the Google Play store? Often this capability only works on newer devices.
- Have you enabled Android Apps on your device? You can find this setting in the Google Admin Console.
- Check to see if SAM Studio is set to ‘Allow Install’ or ‘Force Install’ for that Organizational Unit via Google Admin Console.
- If SAM Studio is set to ‘Force Install’, this often takes some time after login as there is a queue for installations and only one app installs at a time. You can see the progress by opening up the Google Play Store and clicking ‘My School Apps’ from the Options menu.
- Ensure location is enabled via the Google Admin Console.
Note: a simple alternative to the below process would be to use the web-based SAM Studio which requires no permission controls or installation.