- Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- To rename it, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name.
- Locate the file or folder that you want to compress.
- Control-click it or tap it using two fingers, then choose Compress from the shortcut menu.
- If you compress a single item, the compressed file has the name of the original item with the .zip extension. If you compress multiple items at once, the compressed file is called Archive.zip.
1. Locate the files you want to compress into a zip file.
2. Click and hold your mouse button to draw a box around the files you want to add. To select specific files in a directory, don’t draw a box. Instead, press the Ctrl button while clicking.
3. With your files selected, right-click and select Zip Selection on the pop-up menu.
4. Right-click on your new archive and rename the file.
Please see below for video instructions: